Chief Technology Officer, Location: Remote – Virginia
The Plummer Group is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to oversee all technical aspects of the company. The CTO will be responsible for keeping the organization future-focused and clear about leveraging, institutionalizing, and continuously improving its core capabilities, thus ensuring the company maintains long-term innovation and operations at a very high level.
The role of the CTO is to sustain organizational focus on innovation in order to support profitable growth and avoid over-reliance on existing technology. The CTO assumes responsibility for leading the development of new profitable growth platforms that leverage opportunities emerging from the intersection of demographic and environmental trends, company capabilities, and unmet customer needs.
The CTO will identify and implement various technology solutions within the organization and maintain and ensure high availability of the existing infrastructure and systems. A successful candidate would serve as a central focal point along with other assigned Federal and contractor leads for a number of unique activities such as ERP Lifecycle Support, DevOps &Agile, and Software Development & Integration, and help define goals and objectives for building these communities of practices. They must also function collaboratively with colleagues across multi-disciplinary teams capable of delivering on integrated projects and maintain continuous and open communication between customer and service and support teams.
The CTO will work with Executive Management to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will direct all employees supporting Operations to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
- In partnership with the CEO, COO and CFO, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development
- Directs the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of services
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Acts as a good steward of Company’s resources and ensures control of the Operations departmental budgets
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy
Education and Experience
- BS in related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology or Engineering arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related filed with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- 5+ years demonstrated relevant experience in enterprise architecture and systems/solutions architecture and design
- Relevant technical certifications
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Ability to demonstrate through past experiences an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong writing and presentation skills